Looking for a Marketing Consultant in Somerset?
Location: Portishead, north Somerset and the surrounding area.
Ros Conkie is a marketing consultant in Somerset. She is Chartered Marketer and qualified Mechanical Engineer with a proven background in business-to-business marketing, product management and business development.
Having started out in engineering, Ros began her career working client-side in high-tech industries, including in robotics, defense, aerospace and medical devices. As an engineer working in marketing, one of her unique strengths in these roles was ‘translation’ – understanding complex engineering products and systems and communicating their benefits to customers persuasively, and in a way they could understand. Her analytical and problem-solving ability lead her into strategic marketing and product management. She also developed her marketing skills through the CIM Diploma in Marketing.
As a consultant, Ros is valued by her clients for looking objectively at every part of a business, analysing where the problem lies and devising a detailed strategy to solve it. She brings a methodical and systematic approach from her engineering brain, and an enthusiasm and creativity you’d expect from an experienced marketer. It’s a powerful combination.
- Defining a long-term strategy, and a clear tactical plan for meeting it.
- Proposition development and product portfolio management, particularly in technical and engineering settings.
- New product marketing and road-mapping including launch, positioning and pricing strategy, particularly in a business-to-business context.
- Brand development and management to present a company in an engaging and consistent way within their market.
B2B, especially in small and medium-sized businesses, manufacturing, software and technology.
- Dedicated to growing and nurturing good businesses to reach their full potential.
- Efficient and motivated, delivering consistent and measurable business results.
- Knowledge of both the technical and business challenges associated with developing, marketing and selling products and services.
- A keen problem-solver, able to see the big picture while also noticing the devil in the detail.
- Technically minded – her engineering brain is able to pick up and learn complex new software, processes and systems very quickly.
“I first met Ros when I tutored her for her CIM Diploma in 2008. As a tutor, you quickly know who the bright sparks are in the room. Ros was definitely one of them. She asked excellent and incisive questions, and came up with creative and well thought through ideas. When I spotted that she was working freelance, I immediately knew she’d be an excellent fit for Watertight Marketing. The engineering brain, the phenomenal ability to get technical people on-side with business development activity, and a brilliant mind for ideas, make Ros a top-class business-to-business marketer.” Bryony Thomas, Author & Founder, Watertight Marketing
POSTS BY ROS
- How to make time for your marketing when you run your own business
- Does Santa need to tweak his marketing leaks?
- How to use Facebook marketing for business