Introducing the Watertight Marketing Academy
Giving you confidence to bring a digital marketing Apprentice into your growing business
Have you heard yourself saying something along the lines of…
“I’ve thought about recruiting someone to help with digital marketing, but I’m not sure I have the knowledge to find or manage them.”
“I know we should be doing more marketing, and making more of the digital channels, but struggle to know how, why and more importantly WHO will do it?”
“I’m just so busy doing the day-to-day that I never get to the marketing to-do list, and to be honest the digital stuff moves too fast for me to keep up.”
Fill the gap with a Digital Marketing Apprentice
We’ve combined the Apprenticeship expertise of Working Knowledge and the marketing expertise of Watertight Marketing to bring you a wholly new way to resource effective and productive digital marketing in your growing business.
What could a Digital Marketer Apprentice do for your business?
Your Apprentice will become a productive member of your marketing team over the course of their 15 months training, by learning and implementing the following:
Core Marketing Principles
Core Platforms & Techniques
Decide if you need an Apprentice
Find the right person?
Get them set-up as Apprentice
Get them enrolled on the Digital Marketer course
Your Apprentice attends monthly Masterclasses
Monthly one-to-one with their tutor
Weekly Q&A with marketing expert
Final assessment of their portfolio
Celebrate mutual success
Watch our Q&A recording to find out more
Access the recording of Bryony’s Q&A session from July 2018
- Rachael Wheatley: Watertight Marketing Master Practiioner who specialises in building marketing teams, and mentoring young marketers.
- Dr James Lott:Managing Director and Founder of Working Knowledge, James has been developing innovative training and recruitment programmes for business, education, public and third sector since 2005
What we covered:
- Why you might need some digital marketing support?
- What does skills would the Digital Marketer Level 3 learn?
- Who could become an Apprentice for your business?
- How long does the process take?
- How much does it cost?
- How much paperwork is involved?
- Will this actually be useful for your business?
- What to you pay to whom and when?
- What to you pay to whom and when?
- What’s a typical salary for someone in this role?
- What’s the cost if you need recruitment support?
- What happens if they don’t work out?
- Will this government funding persist?
- Who is responsible for managing the Apprentice?
- How would you get bottom line value from this?
- How quickly will they cover their own costs?
- Why is this a better option than any other Apprentice provider?
Expert-led training & marketing expertise
WHAT IS WATERTIGHT MARKETING?
Designed and refined over the last decade across over 1500 companies, the Watertight Marketing methodology is a proven and powerful approach captured in the best-selling book by Bryony Thomas. It has now been reworked to map to a Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship. This gives you:
- A person on your team trained in digital marketing, set in context of a wider strategic framework that is proven to work in real businesses.
- Confidence that they won’t just be learning digital tactics, but where these sit in a sales process.
- A wider strategic framework to equip your Apprentice to progress and add bottom-line value in your business.
More than that, they will be trained and supported by real-world marketers, not academics. The programme we’ve designed will be facilitated by Watertight Marketing Certified Practitioners. These are people who have held marketing budgets, run marketing teams, and worked hands-on in growing businesses. This means practical learning applied to your specific context.
WHAT IS WORKING KNOWLEDGE?
Working Knowledge partner with ambitious businesses to find, train, progress and retain your talent. We believe that training should be engaging, thought provoking, practical and directly applicable to both the role and the objectives of the employer. And learning should never be restricted to the four walls of a designated training room. Working Knowledge was founded in 2005 and have now trained more than 30,000 people.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is it?
We’ve designed a training and mentoring programme using the proven and multi-award winning Watertight Marketing methodology, refocussed solely on digital marketing and mapped to the Level 3 Digital Marketer Apprenticeship.
Academy graduates will have a sound understanding and practical experience, as well as a recognised qualification, in digital marketing applied to your business in a coherent and sustainable way.
How long does it take?
It is a 15-month programme. If you need us to recruit, this will take a little longer.
How much does it cost?
For non Apprenticeship Levy paying companies, you will benefit from a £12,000 training programme for the equivalent of just £80 per month for 15 months.
Any business of any size can get 90% of training costs paid by the government. If you are an Apprenticeship Levy paying company (100+ approx. employees) you will qualify for the government subsidy once you have spent your levy pot.
Who in our business should join the Watertight Marketing Academy?
Who will be our Apprentice?
There are three options when it comes to finding your apprentice:
- Retrain an existing employee currently doing a similar or different role to be a full-time digital marketer.
- Recruit someone new to your business as a full-time digital marketer.
- Retrain an existing employee but keep digital marketing as a 50% / part-time element of the existing role.